The title is set to arrive in Fall 2020, and will help “cut through the noise and get real results with a step-by-step approach to learning Spark.”
A new book from Packt Publishing, The Spark Workshop is being co-authored by Hadoopsters founder and contributor, Landon Robinson. He has written 3 chapters of the book, on Data Pipelines, Spark & Structured Streaming, and Spark Listeners.
- Ideal for the Spark beginner who is getting started for the first time
- A step-by-step Spark tutorial with exercises and activities that help build key skills
- Structured to let you progress at your own pace, on your own terms
- Use your physical print copy to redeem free access to the online interactive edition
You already know you want to learn Spark, and a smarter way to learn Spark is to learn by doing. The Spark Workshop focuses on building up your practical skills so that you can perform complex Spark analytics and create your own production-ready applications. You’ll learn from real examples that lead to real results.
Throughout The Spark Workshop, you’ll take an engaging step-by-step approach to understanding Spark. You won’t have to sit through any unnecessary theory. If you’re short on time you can jump into a single exercise each day or spend an entire weekend learning about predictive analytics. It’s your choice. Learning on your terms, you’ll build up and reinforce key skills in a way that feels rewarding.
Every physical print copy of The Spark Workshop unlocks access to the interactive edition. With videos detailing all exercises and activities, you’ll always have a guided solution. You can also benchmark yourself against assessments, track progress, and receive content updates. You’ll even earn a secure credential that you can share and verify online upon completion. It’s a premium learning experience that’s included with your printed copy. To redeem, follow the instructions located at the start of your Spark book.
Fast-paced and direct, The Spark Workshop is the ideal companion for newcomers to Spark. You’ll build and iterate on your code like a software developer, learning along the way. This process means that you’ll find that your new skills stick, embedded as best practice. A solid foundation for the years ahead.
What you will learn
- Get to grips with the Spark fundamentals and best practices
- Discover tools to analyse, optimize, and troubleshoot Spark applications
- Run Apache Spark in the cloud, connecting to popular cloud providers
- Understand how to design data pipelines to tackle complex business problems
- Explore how to run polyglot applications in local and cloud environments
Who This Book Is For
The Spark Workshop is an ideal Spark tutorial for the Spark beginner who is just getting started.
Where to Pre-Order / Purchase the Book
The book is available on: